Friday, April 30, 2010

Blog number 7 (my favorite number)

well,

this has probably been one of the busiest months I've ever had...but i have to say it is kinda nice to know that your days are full of things to do, places to go, and people to see. Even if does occasionally get exhausting. As of late i have been sifting through a whirl wind of ideas. I have been dreaming every night which is not a normal occurrence for me.... According to google this is due to improper sleep patterns and a deficiency of R.E.M. sleep. (surprise surprise) Either way, they have been oddly bizarre dreams with a sort of Dr. Seuss feel. But what trips me out the most about them; is that i remember them vividly upon awakening. Weird! Right? The last time this happened i was in the middle of writing my novel.... I am beginning to wonder if there is a link between creativity outlets and freaky dreams.
Other than that i have somewhere somehow found my motivation to grind things out again... I think writing comes in waves.... where sometimes you can't bring yourself to even face a blank page and other times you are considering chopping down a tree because you have run out of every centimeter of blank paper within a mile radius. I am currently in the latter... I am shocked by this... because my creative motivation is usually linked to the weather. (and this is not my time of year). I write the best in fall when there is that strange tinge of electricity in the air that makes everything seem more alive than it ever was before. I wrote most of my novel wrapped in a blanket sitting on the roof of the lighting booth at the hollywood bowl in the middle of fall. But alas....here i am in spring... waking up early.... and excitedly taking myself to griffith park to sit in the grass with the wild wind and write. I suppose when it comes to life...you just have to go with it. And so i will.
My personal life has been rather comical lately but i haven't the time to crack that egg right now. In a nut shell i would say... work is ridiculous (i couldn't make this stuff up if i were tripping on acid with a dictionary in my lap), my family has gotten so close lately, and in every other part of my life i would say "when it rains it pours" and god knows i love the rain.

till next time kitties,

courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment